* This is a freelance position with potential to move into a full-time role.
Our Senior Designer will be an important creative cog in our Branding and Strategy work. Working with the Creative Director and a multi-disciplinary team, they will provide creative output and conceptual direction for projects big and small. From ideation to production, from corporate clients to internal brand work, the Senior Designer will deliver design work and collaborate with production artists, photographers, illustrators, pre-press technicians, printers and anyone else who is involved in the development of a project. The Senior Designer will work under the direction of Breakhouse leadership – Creative Director, Design Director and Partners.
Stuff you might work on (possibly in the same day):
- Environmental graphics for a restaurant
- Identity for a small business
- Wayfinding & signage for a complex
- A rallying cry for a public consultation
- Custom wallpaper for a retail experience
- Brand Standards for an airport
- Stickers, social media, booklets, websites, swag, etc. You get the picture.
- Excellent knowledge of Creative Suite – particularly in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- A strong knowledge of production, materials, and printing
- A strong knowledge in digital, social and web
- Video and animation an asset.
- A range of professional experience with a broad portfolio
- An ability to connect the relationship of 2D and 3D forms
- Efficient time management, working to deadlines with the ability to course correct
- 5+ years experience
- accustomed to direct client interaction
- You are curious, kind and passionate about design
- You are a motivated problem solver and go deep to ask the important questions
- You have the ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams in an open office
- You love typography, colour and form
- You’re an advocate of design thinking and creating meaningful change
- You are a self starter with strong communication & organizational skills
- You can manage multiple projects from design brief to execution
- You are detail-orientated and sharply focused
- You’re willing to take risks and challenge the status quo
You’re someone we wouldn’t mind hanging out with
Sound like you? Flip us your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org